Thursday, July 15, 2010

Why Me?

Why does change happen to me?

Have you ever found yourself in a position where your life is changing and you seem to have lost control? Your world was moving along as you expected and suggested it would but then something happened and before you knew it the direction you worked so hard in promoting simply faded from view. You looked upon a new landscape perhaps even one you feared but nevertheless you saw new terrain where yesterday familiar scenery was seen. What caused such a change in your life? Was it the change in seasons or perhaps you just had an ‘important’ birthday that made you begin to observe your life in general? Or could it be just another day full of the usual surprises yet different in some sort of important way? I recently underwent such a change in my life. I live a simple life one in sanctuary and the calm quiet of balance live freely. Daily stress and worry are almost unheard of but at times something comes along to ‘mix things up’. It seems that when you least expect change to occur it sits looking directly at you and causes you to focus your attention on your present life. Such an event occurred to me. The strange thing about change is that when you sense such movement if you are aware enough you will look over the past few years of your life and see the seeds of transformation occurred well before your conscious mind recognized its presence. A clear tract can be followed from beginning to the present moment and you wonder why it took you so long to see your new found life. I have always noticed a continuity to my life as I look back over my shoulder at my past tracks. Each event followed another event which followed another event and so on. Each was a small miracle and as such when strung out seem so logical and precise. Why Me? “Why Me!” is the quotation that can be heard in echoes of every person on earth. Why me sums up your lack of observance and let you know you were sleeping as to your life’s direction. Why me signals the need for awakening your inner soul space to the reality of your present world and by just awakening will allow you to see the why and how of that particular moment. Once you notice that shift in your life what do you do then? Do you shake and quake at the thought of a new direction or do you embrace it fully and move in its direction? For me, I’ve felt both emotions at times but have trained myself to be accepting of such change and to allow it to flow into my world naturally. Those that become rigid and stop their evolution are the ones who become disillusioned and blame God for their failings in life. What is true is the God was sending his loving energy to you while you fiddled away valuable time and opportunity. So, what to do? Ah, that is the question of a lifetime. Just as you get out of bed one foot at a time you have to experience life one experience after the other. Life is to lived not ignored and will give you such gifts that your head will swim in delight. That is, only if you are aware. So, I challenge you to awaken your soul to the world you see and feel and learn to see the seeds of change so that when you cross that threshold to newness you will not be surprised. Alert yourself to the reality of ‘Why me“ and begin to say ”Why NOT me!“. Why not me when it comes to abundance. Why not me when you see opportunities on the horizon. Why not me as you travel your path and see glimmers of a need then go fill that need. Become proactive in your desire to change your world and to remove the fear and doubt you see around you. Why not have a world at peace, a world where fear is replaced by joy, and the gravity well that you find yourself in is one in which growth can occur. I ask you ‘why not me’ and you answer................

No comments:

Post a Comment